The category indicates the language used in the given textual unit found in the specific inventory.
- #aramaic – the unit is entirely, almost entirely or mostly in Jewish Babylonian Aramaic.
- #hebrew – the unit is entirely, almost entirely or mostly in Mishnaic or Biblical Hebrew.
- #hebaram – the unit contains the sections in both Aramaic and Hebrew.
- #abh – archaic Biblical Hebrew typical for the “ancient” poetic parts.
- #sbh – standard Biblical Hebrew typical for the Genesis – 2 Kings section.
- #lbh – late Biblical Hebrew typical for the core post-exilic books such as Esther, Daniel, Ezra, Nehemiah, and 1–2 Chronicles.
- #mbh – mixed Biblical Hebrew composed of features typical for the standard and late Biblical Hebrew.
- #ubh – uncertain Biblical Hebrew, when no conclusive decisions could be made.
- #aramaic – Biblical Aramaic.